PhD, University of California, Berkeley
Division of Social Science, Division of Environment, and Economics Department
Tel (852) 3469 2423
AREAS OF EXPERTISE
Environmental Economics, Health Economics, Development Economics
Guojun He is an economist working on environmental and development issues. His current research focuses on understanding the complex relationship between environment and human welfare. In particular, he tries to estimate the health impacts of air pollution and water pollution in China. Before joining HKUST, he was a research fellow at Harvard University during 2013-2014.
SELECTED PAPERS & PUBLICATIONS
- “The Effect of Air Pollution on Mortality: Evidences from the 2008 Beijing Olympic Games” (with Maoyong Fan and Maigeng Zhou), Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, forthcoming.
- “Water Pollution and Infant Mortality in China” (with Jeffrey Perloff), Economic Development and Cultural Change, forthcoming.
- “Growth, Pollution, and Life Expectancy: China from 1991-2012” (with Avaraham Ebenstein, Maoyong Fan, Michael Greenstone, Peng Yin and Maigeng Zhou), American Economic Review: Papers & Proceedings, 2015 (5), pp. 226-231.
- “The Associations between Ambient Air Pollution and Adult Respiratory Mortality in 32 Major Chinese Cities, 2006-2010” (with Maigeng Zhou, Maoyong Fan, et al.), Environmental Research. 2015 (137), pp. 278-286.
- “Smog Episodes, Fine Particulate Pollution and Mortality in China” (with Maigeng Zhou, Maoyong Fan, et al.), Environmental Research. 2015 (136), pp. 396-404.
- “Does Customer Auditing Help Chinese Workers?” (with Jeffrey Perloff) Industrial and Labor Relations Review, Vol. 66 (2), 2013, pp. 511-524.
- “Determinants of Chinese Migrant Workers' Salaries: Human Capital or Social Capital?” (with Chong Xu and Chengcai Zhu), Journal of Agricultural and Technical Economics (Chinese), 2008 (1), pp. 57-65.
- “Peasant Households' Willingness to Circulate Contractual Land–Evidences from Beijing Villages” (with Chong Xu), Economic Science (Chinese), 2007 (05), pp. 111-124.
- “The Impact of Sustained Exposure to Particulate Matter on Life Expectancy: New Evidence from China’s Huai River Policy” (with Avraham Ebenstein, Maoyong Fan, Michael Greenstone, and Maigeng Zhou), Under Review.
- "Do College Graduates Serving as Village Officials Help Rural China Development?" (with Shaoda Wang), Under Review.
- “Do Super Markets Adjust Prices Asymmetrically?” (with Jeffrey Perloff, Jeffrey LaFrance and Richard Volpe), Under Review.
<< Permalink >>