PhD, University of California, Berkeley
Division of Social Science, Division of Environment, and Economics Department
Tel (852) 3469 2423
Personal Homepage (UST)
AREAS OF EXPERTISE
Environmental Economics, Health Economics, Development Economics
Guojun He is an economist working on environmental, health and development issues. He is jointly appointed at Division of Social Science, Division of Environment and Department of Economics. He is also a faculty associate at the HKUST Institute of Emerging Market Studies and Institute of Public Policy. His current research focuses on understanding the complex relationship between economics development, environment and human health from an interdisciplinary perspective. Before joining HKUST, he was a research fellow at Harvard University, and obtained his Ph.D. degree from U.C. Berkeley.
SELECTED PAPERS & PUBLICATIONS
- He, Guojun and ShaodaForthcoming. “Do College Graduates Serving as Village Officials Help Rural China?”, American Economic Journal: Applied Economics.
- Yin, Peng*, Guojun He*, Maoyong Fan*, et al. 2017. “Particulate Air Pollution and Mortality in 38 of China's Largest Cities: Time-Series Analysis” (*co-first authors), The BMJ, 356: j667.
- He, Guojun, Maoyong Fan, and Maigeng Zhou. 2016. “The Effect of Air Pollution on Mortality: Evidence from the 2008 Beijing Olympic Games”,Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, 79, pp. 18-39.
- He, Guojun and Jeffrey M. Perloff. 2016. “Surface Water Pollution and Infant Mortality in China”,Economic Development and Cultural Change, Vol. 65(1), pp. 119-139.
- Ebenstein, Avraham, Maoyong Fan, Michael Greenstone, Guojun He, Peng Yin, Maigeng Zhou. 2015. “Growth, Pollution, and Life Expectancy: China from 1991-2012”, American Economic Review (P&P), 105(5), pp. 226-231.
- Zhou, Maigeng, Guojun He, Yunning Liu et al. 2015. “The Associations Between Ambient Air Pollution and Adult Respiratory Mortality In 32 Major Chinese Cities, 2006-2010”, Environmental Research, 137, pp. 278-286.
- Zhou, Maigeng*, Guojun He*, Maoyong Fan, et al. 2015. “Smog Episodes, Fine Particulate Pollution and Mortality in China” (*co-first authors), Environmental Research, 136, pp. 396–404.
- He, Guojun and Jeffrey M. Perloff. 2013. “Does Customer Auditing Help Chinese Workers?”, Industrial and Labor Relations Review, 66, pp. 2511-524.
- 何国俊，徐冲，祝成才. 2008. “人力资本，社会资本与农村迁移劳动力的工资决定?”, 农业技术经济, 第1期， 57-65.
- 何国俊，徐冲. 2007. “城郊农户土地流转意愿分析”, 经济科学, 第5期, pp. 111-124.
<< Permalink >>