James S.H. Kwok
PhD, Imperial College London
Associate Professor of Business Education, Department of Information Systems, Business Statistics and Operations Management
Tel (852) 2358 7652
AREAS OF EXPERTISE
Digital Rights Management, Computer Security for Business, Hacking Techniques, Digital Watermarking
James Kwok is an Associate Professor of Business Education in the department of information Systems, Business Statistics, and Operations at the Hong Kong University of Science and Technology (HKUST).
James joined HKUST in 1997 as Assistant Professor, and joined California State University, Long Beach in 2004 as Associate Professor. James returned to HKUST as a teaching faculty in 2005. He has published in more than 60 journal and conference papers. His research areas include digital rights management, digital watermarking techniques, computer security, and hacking techniques.
SELECTED PAPERS & PUBLICATIONS
- Kwok, S. H., Chu, C. Y., and Hui, K. L., “The Use of De-listing/De-indexing as an Effective Strategy against Copyright Infringement in Emerging Markets”, The Thirteenth Workshop on e-Business (WeB 2014), Auckland, New Zealand, December 2014.
- Kwok, S. H., “An Image Forensic Scheme with Robust and Fragile Watermarking for Business Documents”, 2013 ADFSL Conference on Digital Forensics, Security and Law, Virginia, USA, June 2013.
- Kwok, S. H. and Zhao, J. L. “Content-Based Object Organization for Efficient Image Retrieval in Image Databases”, Decision Support Systems, 42, 3 (2006), pp. 1901-1916.
- Kwok, S. H. and Gao, S. "Attitude Towards Knowledge Sharing Behavior". Journal of Computer Information Systems (JCIS), 47, 2 (Winter 2005-2006), pp. 45-51.
- Kwok, S. H. "P2P Searching Trends: 2002 - 2004". Information Processing and Management (IPM), 42, 1 (2006), pp. 237-247.
- Kwok, S. H. and Chi, R. “Digital Rights Management for Mobile Commerce Using Web Services”. Journal of Electronic Commerce Research, 7, 1 (2006), pp. 1-13.
[IEMS Thought Leadership Brief] Digital Copyright Infringement in Emerging Markets: Countering Piracy through Smarter Search Engine De-listing
[IEMS Academic Seminar] Strategies for Implementing Effective De-listing/De-indexing Technical Measures against Copyright Infringement in Emerging Countries
<< Permalink >>