PhD, Stanford University
Assistant Professor, Department of Management
Tel (852) 2358 6001
AREAS OF EXPERTISE
CEO-Board Relationship, Strategic Decision Making, Entrepreneurship, Power Dynamics, Cognition
Sam Garg is currently interested in strategic decision processes at the highest organizational levels in high-growth entrepreneurial firms, including those in Asia. Before becoming an academic, Sam worked with established as well as young, entrepreneurial firms, and was also founder-CEO of an online payments venture in Singapore. He continues to advise venture CEOs.
Sam’s work on emerging markets includes a book on innovation management processes in Asia (finalist for the best management book of the year) and a set of teaching case studies on Bank Mandiri, Indonesia’s largest bank.
SELECTED PAPERS & PUBLICATIONS
- Garg, S. Forthcoming. Microfoundations of board monitoring: The case of entrepreneurial firms. Academy of Management Review.
- Garg, S. 2013. Venture boards: Distinctive monitoring and implications for firm performance. Academy of Management Review, 38: 90-108.
- Furr, N., Cavaretta, F., & Garg, S. 2012. Who changes course? The role of domain knowledge and novel framing in making technology changes. Strategic Entrepreneurship Journal, 6: 236-256.
- De Meyer, A. & Garg, S. 2005. Inspire to innovate: Management and innovation in Asia. Palgrave MacMillan, London, UK.
- Lasserre, Philippe & Garg, S. 2003. Bank Mandiri: Cases in Corporate Transformation. INSEAD Singapore.
<< Permalink >>